|Why is the world so bad if God is so good?||1:17-32||Sin|
|Who Judges Who?||2:1-13||Sin|
|Living in a perfect World||2:17-24||Sin|
|The Year 2020 A.D||3:13-24||Sin|
|Problems: Where do they start?||3:19-26||Salvation|
|Getting right with God.||4:1-13||Faith|
|What are you worth?||5:1-10||Faith|
|Who are you willing to die for||5:6-11||Salvation|
1. Should you have to pay from your own birthday
Read Romans 4:1-8 "Well then, what can we say about our ancestor Abraham? 2If he became acceptable to God because of what he did, then he would have something to brag about. But he would never be able to brag about it to God. 3The Scriptures say, 'God accepted Abraham because Abraham had faith in him.'
to workers isn't a gift.
It is something they earn by working. 5But
you cannot make God accept you because of something you do. God accepts
sinners only because they have faith in him. 6In
the Scriptures David talks about the blessings that come to people who
are acceptable to God, even though they don't do anything to deserve
blessings. David says,
2. How was Abraham made acceptable to God (v.1-3)?
3. How are we made acceptable to God today (v.4-8)?
4. What does "faith" mean?
Read Romans 4:9-13 "9Are
these blessings meant for circumcised people or for those who are not
Well, the Scriptures say that God accepted Abraham because Abraham had
faith in him. 10But when did this happen? Was it before or after
was circumcised? Of course, it was before.
5. Some Jews believed that circumcision was enough to be a follower of God. How could some of the following become like circumcision?
6. How should the Jews have viewed circumcision?