WHO JUDGES WHO?
GETS INTO HEAVEN?
1. Rate the following on how people have judged you?
0= never 5=
Beauty 0 1 2 3 4 5 Intelligence 0 1 2 3 4 5
0 1 2 3 4 5 Where you live 0 1 2 3 4 5 Wealth 0 1 2 3 4 5
2.When is judging wrong?
3. When is it okay to judge people?
"Some of you accuse others of doing wrong. But there is
no excuse for
what you do. When you judge others, you condemn yourselves, because you
are guilty of doing the very same things. 2We
know that God is right to judge everyone who behaves in this way.
3Do you really think God won't punish you, when you
exactly like the people you accuse? 4You
surely don't think much of God's wonderful goodness or of his patience
and willingness to put up with you. Don't you know that the reason God
is good to you is because he wants you to turn to him?"
are stubborn and refuse to
turn to God. So you are making things even worse for yourselves on that
day when he will show how angry he is and will judge the world with
will reward each of us for what we have done. 7He
will give eternal life to everyone who has patiently done what is good
in the hope of receiving glory, honour, and life that lasts for ever. 8But
he will show how angry and furious he can be with every selfish person,
who rejects the truth and wants to do evil. 9All
who are wicked will be punished with trouble and suffering. It doesn't
matter if they are Jews or Gentiles. 10But
all who do right will be rewarded with glory, honour, and peace,
they are Jews or Gentiles. 11God
have any favourites!
people who don't know about
God's Law will still be punished for what they do wrong. And the Law
be used to judge everyone who knows what it says. 13God accepts those
obey his Law, but not those who simply hear it."
4. Why is it OK for God to judge people?
5. How would you answer the following people?
- I have never done anything wrong, so God should let me
- I am not as bad as some Christian's, so God will let
- God is love, so He will let everyone into heaven?
6. Who are rewarded on the day of Judgement (2:6-7)?
7. Who are punished on the day of Judgement(2:8-9)?
8. What is the reward on the day of Judgement (2:10)?
9. What is the punishment (2:8-9)?
10. What does "God accepts those who obey his law, but not
who simply hear it." mean?
11. If you were to die, what would happen to you?